CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

All I needed was .....

a SINGLE can of sliced olives yet ended up with a huge dent in my pocket book.

Let me say this...I love to shop. I have no problem shopping but my need for "retail therapy" has gotten out of hand lately. If I see it...I buy it....of course with in reason but really what is my deal????

My shopping started today at HALLMARK. I HEART Hallmark. They have fun stuff. I left buying a bday card for my grandmother, a bday gift for my grandmother and a NAUGHTY or NICE button thing. (You push it and it tells you if you have been naughty or nice..its entertaining BUT so not something I needed) Total Spent: $21.00..Not too bad considering ...

Then it was on to the grocery store...KOHLERS. I had to buy random thanksgiving stuff...no need to write it all out. It was all needs. Total Spent: $30.00

Next Stop...SMITH'S MARKETPLACE. They just opened in Alpine and I wanted to check it out. Now...keep in mind....I forgot a needed item for my thanksgiving stuff from previous stop so I was needing a SINGLE CAN OF SLICED OLIVES. My trip SHOULD'VE cost me $2.00 at the most. My total spent was $42.00. That is right...$42.00. I am slightly annoyed at myself. All I needed was olives. I left with Mascara, Scrubbing Bubbles, Cinnamon Santa's, Chewy Sour Christmas Nerds, The Nativity Story DVD ,50 Sexiest Men PEOPLE Mag and my can of olives. I needed none of the items EXCEPT For the olives. LAME. Really... what is my deal???

Oh...but it didn't stop there. KNEADERS is right next to the new Smith's. I went in there and spent $25.00...ON BREAD! Who does that??? Actually it was spent on Pumpkin Bread, Caramel Apple Bread, Fruit Tarts, Cheesecake Brownies, German Chocolate Brownies and Soup. PATHETIC!...I am pathetic!

Ridiculous! I tell you! Simply silly that I needed nothing that I bought today. I only needed to spent $40.00. I just bought to bought. Good thing....I got a Promotion and that I am SINGLE. GEE!

I may need counseling or a second job. LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I HEART Kneaders, AND retail therapy- until the bill comes.
I can sooooooo empathize.
I still think you came out cheaper than a visit to the therapist LOL
But seriously, if you love french toast, get the chunky cinnamon bread at Kneaders next time and I'll give you a recipe for the MOST delicious breakfast casserole- perfect for Christmas morning.

Mark said...

you might need both.

kingwritergirl said...

I just want you to know that I've dropped $25 at kneaders on bread WAY too many times. You are not alone!