CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The grass may NOT be greener

So..I have been pretty vocal about the fact that I want a family. That is nothing new that I need to confess. What I do need to confess is the fact "the grass may not be greener" on the other side of what I have.

Sundays are a hard day for me. Rightfully so...it is a family oriented day. I spend it with my family but I want to spend it with "my" family. (One day...one day...I will keep telling myself that)

Anyways...today I was happy with my life...just for today. I was sitting in church hearing all those crying kids and was soooooo very thankful that I did not have to be the one to get up ...take them out...change their diaper...feed them food...entertain them...etc. I was just happy enough entertaining myself.

Granted...it is something I want but today that grass was not looking so green. With every cry and tantrum I was pleased with being single and kid free. The grass on my side of the fence with all its "singleness" is looking pretty fantastic today.

Side note: (Brace yourself) I admire all those woman and men that have patience with their children but keep in mind that the whole world does not want to hear YOUR child cry. If they cry in church..GET UP and leave. The rocking of them and shushing them doesn't work. Maybe you didn't know that. Thank you! My ears will appreciate it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok , from a Mom of Many, I totally agree- take the kids out! And not just church- restaurants, stores, etc. If it is not an emergency (Hospital, GO! I didn't go to a nice dinner to hear your kid scream!
Sometimes I envy those who get to sit through a meeting and actually pay attention. However, when its the self-righteous RS teacher, I am NOT above giving a good pinch and running for the hall LOL!

jaime said...

oh kami. dear dear kami.
relish these moments of attending events kid free.

i love my kids and my growing fetus. but boy-oh-boy my life is like a whole different show now.

if you are ever longing for kids again, just come visit me. it'll fix ya.